While the benefits of cannabis are well known, many might be missing out on the healthy option of drinking cannabis-infused tea, which can help with the likes of inflammation, anxiety, and depression. The best way to treat such symptoms is by ingesting cannabinoids, which can be achieved by drinking cannabis tea, which is an easy and great alternative to smoking. Here are five great benefits of doing so.
1. Pain relief – For centuries, cannabis has been used for pain relief, from Crohn’s to arthritis and other kinds of chronic diseases. That’s thanks to cannabinoids, which bind to pain receptors in the central nervous system, to help dampen those pain signals.
And unlike other forms of pharmaceutical pain relief, like opiates, your favorite herb is not addictive. Nor is it dangerous, either, since you cannot die from using it. For pain relief, drinking cannabis-infused tea is a great way to treat your illness, as it is absorbed through the digestive system that is longer lasting and is easily spread through your body.
2. Neuroprotective effect – The government wants you to believe that cannabis leads to memory problems and brain damage. But don’t believe the hype, as it is actually quite the opposite. In fact, there are studies that show how THC can slow, or block, the production of Beta-amyloid proteins, believed to be the precursors of Alzheimer’s. The researchers behind these studies believe that cannabinoids could help combat age-related cognitive decline.
3. Digestive health – By smoking weed, you’ll find that most of the cannabinoids go straight to your brain. But by drinking cannabis tea, you will find that the cannabinoids are absorbed by receptors in the digestive tract, which will help with constipation, cramping, diarrhea and even acid reflux.
4. Depression and anxiety – While there can be many factors that can cause someone to suffer from depression and anxiety, a common trigger is neuronal inflammation (that leads ‘fight or flight’ response), or a deficiency in neurotransmitters (such as a lack of serotonin). You can use cannabinoids to address those factors, though, all by drinking some infused tea. By drinking cannabis tea, you’ll get more of a body high, which is not only mellower than one you’d get from smoking but also more relaxing and invigorating.
5. Autoimmune disorders – When it comes to autoimmune disorders, weed is an effective treatment, as cannabinoids have been proven to reduce inflammation. So, for those who suffer from arthritis, multiple sclerosis or irritable bowel syndrome, cannabis can be a healthy and effective alternative to prescription drugs.